Friday, July 20, 2007

Fireworks!

As you know, we were in Montana for the 4th of July this year. Mostly to be in the parade with Hodgson, but that's another post. For such a little town, Lima has an amazing fireworks display! Dillon (the nearest town of any size) doesn't have a show at all. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I don't think they have a parade either. So Lima is the place to be for Independence Day.
I must admit, fireworks displays are one of my favorite things. I oooh and aaah over every explosion and at the end I applaud like mad.

It's a very good thing that I love the show so much because I married a man who likes to be the one putting on the show. I can't let him go to the fireworks stands alone because he will spend an embarrasing amount of money.

But who cares? It is so much fun to act like a kid every once in a while and the 4th is a great time to let loose!

And what kid doesn't love to stay up way past their bedtime?

There was a very happy suprise nearly at the very end of the night. Daddy showed up! We didn't expect him for another hour or so, but suddenly there he was! It was just the best end to a really great day!








No comments:

Thinking About Returning to Blogging and an Update

  Hi. Hello. Anyone out there? I'm thinking about returning to the blog to share what's happening in my life. And with my kids. And ...